Magellan GPS Update , magellan gps
Amongst the brands offering Navigation Devices, Magellan GPS is the most reputed brand. It possesses, a grand range of Products that are laced with cutting-edge technology and a user-friendly interface. To make your experience better, Magellan introduces various updates every now and then. Magellan GPS updates facilitate the most accurate and reliable navigation. The update is usually of 2 ways: free and paid.
Magellan GPS Update Procedure
- To begin with the Magellan GPS Update procedure you first have to connect your GPS unit with the charger to enjoy a steady power supply.
- After that, you have to download the Content Manager on your system. For this, go to “magellangps.com” and download the software for Magellan GPS Update.
- Once, this application is downloaded you need to install it on your system. You can do this by double-clicking on the downloaded setup file. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- The next step requires you to connect your Magellan GPS device to your computer. In order to connect it, use the USB cable that comes along with the product. Connect one end of the cable to the GPS device and another end to the system.
- By doing so, it will automatically turn on your device. Just in case, if it doesn’t you can also turn it on manually by pressing its power button.
- Thereafter, you have to launch the Content Manager by clicking its icon either from the “Desktop” or the “System Tray”.
- As a result, it will take you to the main interface of the application.
- In the next window, you are asked to sign in to your Magellan account. For this, enter the email address and password associated with this account. However, if don’t have an account, then go to the official website and create an account.
- After this, you are required to click on the “Check for updates” option. This option is located in the Content Manager Application itself.
- Consequently, it will start searching for the updates that are available on your device. After detecting the updates available on your device, it will notify you via a pop-up box. This pop-up box will display you all the available Magellan GPS Updates for both software and the map.
Just in case, if a free update is available, then
- Firstly, click on the “Get Now” tab for downloading and installing the update.
- You have to wait for the completion of the Magellan GPS Update procedure.
Whereas, in case if the paid Magellan GPS Updates are available, then
- First of all, you must tap on the “Get Now” button.
- Consequently, it will take you to the purchasing webpage of Magellan GPS.
- Here, you will notice two fields of “Product Family” and “Product Model” on the right side of the window.
- In the next step, you have to select your product family i.e “Roadmate” or “Maestro” by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the field.
- After that, go to the field of Product Model and click on the drop-down arrow. By doing so, it will display you all the versions of your selected product. Then, select your product version accurately from the list of options given there.
- Thereafter, click on the Submit button.
- Now, you will get all the available updates.
- Then, you need to login to your Magellan account.
- Thereafter, you have to select the preferred one, that you want to purchase. After this, you have to click on the “Add to Cart” option.
- Further, you have to opt for the payment method and enter all the required payment details.
- Now, from the system tray, right-click the Magellan icon.
- From the extended menu, click the “Sync Purchase Features/ Content” option.
- This will automatically start the Magellan GPS updates installation process. Wait for its completion.
- Once the process gets completed, you can disconnect your device.
- Now, your Magellan GPS device will restart automatically.
- With this, the Magellan GPS updates procedure completes successfully.